I’m a speaker with 35 years’ experience and I’m also a confidence coach for speakers, musicians and actors. I’m also a professional voice actor and I used to be a radio presenter.
During those 35 years I’ve spoken at dozens of business conferences and corporate events of all kinds during a long career and I’ve run my own training company. I was the founder of a conference and exhibition at the Renaissance Hotel, Heathrow, which attracted up to 400 delegates annually. I was also the host and keynote speaker at that conference, every year from 1979 to 1990. In the last few years I’ve spoken at dozens of service clubs. (e.g. Rotary clubs, Women’s Institutes, Probus, Inner Wheel, Soroptimists, etc. )
I’m based in Bristol, in the West of England.
For how long do you speak?
“If you want me to speak for twenty minutes, I need two weeks’ notice. But if you want me to speak for two hours, I can begin now.” (Winston Churchill)
What topics do you cover?
I cover a wide range of subjects and am adding to the list all the time.
- “Confidence in action”: how do high-profile musicians, actors and speakers prepare themselves for their performance?
- “Age cannot wither, nor custom stale …”: inspirational stories of ‘oldies’ who defy ageism and stereotyping.
- “The self-publishing revolution”: how you too can become a published author of both e-books and paperbacks.
- “Thrift is fashionable now”: a finance coach’s approach to making budgeting fun.
- “When I’m sixty-four”: planning for and adjusting to retirement. Or, as I prefer to call it, reinvention.
- “Brunel’s legacy”: triumphs and tragedies of public transport in the twenty-first century.
I am also happy to speak to your brief, if given adequate time to research the topic. (Preferably two weeks, as Churchill suggested.)
How can we book you?
I am available for public speaking engagements; I also coach speakers, musicians and actors. Please do get in contact so we can discuss your needs.
Testimonials for Michael’s Speaking