“HAVE STORIES, WILL TRAVEL”
I’m a speaker with 40 years’ experience and I coach speakers. I’m also a professional voice actor and I’ve been a radio presenter.
During those years I’ve spoken at dozens of business conferences and corporate events of all kinds during a long career in the chemical industry. I was the founder of a conference and exhibition at the Renaissance Hotel, Heathrow, which attracted up to 400 delegates annually; I was also the conference host and keynote speaker every year from 1979 to 1990. I’ve also run my own training company.
I’ve also spoken at dozens of service clubs (e.g. Rotary, the WI, Probus, Inner Wheel, Soroptimists, etc.)
WHAT TOPICS DO I COVER?
Current subjects include:
- “Why not take a nap?” Sleep science simplified
- “Powerful presentations”
The art and science of speaking in public
- “Age cannot wither them, nor custom stale their infinite variety”
‘Oldies’ who defy ageism and stereotyping. Stories to inspire.
- “The self-publishing revolution”
You too can become a published author of print and e-books
- “Back to the Black”
The story of a financial crisis: how I faced bankruptcy but found another solution … and how others might benefit from what I learned
- “When I’m Sixty-Four”
Planning for and adjusting to retirement
AND SOME NEW TITLES I’VE ADDED TO THE LIST …
- Do you welcome the opportunity to speak in public or (like most people) do you fear it? How to handle the fear.
- Beyond the delivery room: is New Man a better father than his predecessors?
- Retirement or reinvention: which do you prefer?
- Are you a Scrooge or a Splurger? Or sometimes both on the same day?
FOR HOW LONG DO I SPEAK?
“If you want me to speak for twenty minutes, I need two weeks’ notice. But if you want me to speak for two hours, I can begin now.” (Winston Churchill)
WHAT DO MY AUDIENCES SAY?
“Michael gave us a great talk on the skills for preparing for and delivering public speaking effectively. He is an engaging, interesting and highly relevant speaker. He took the time to meet us first and find out about his audience and our requirements for his talk. He certainly practices what he preaches!”
“Thank you once again for your meticulous preparation of your speech and for the professionalism with which it was delivered. … very pleased with the evening and have only heard words of praise from those who went … your contribution to the success of the event was immense.”
“…so positive… attitude that shines through and inspires the audience. A great voice and lots of it… he doesn’t really need a PA system. He’s what I’d call verbally creative…loves interacting with an audience.”
FOR MORE INFORMATION
- For further details, see my speaking resumé
- To enquire about fees or to book me to speak to your club or business, click here.